Hey guys, just wanted to share a really easy to make healthy snack. If you are ever craving something crunchy and salty that isn’t bad for you and super processed, try making some kale chips! Kale is one of the most nutrient dense varieties of leafy greens and is an awesome way to super charge your health. Here’s how you make kale chips.
1. Get a bundle of kale I paid $1.50 for some organic purple kale. Any kale variety is pretty much fine for kale chips. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash the kale leafs first and then dry using a salad spinner or by towel. You want the leafs to be as dry as possible or else your chips will come out soft.
3. Break the kale leafs into smaller chip sized pieces. Peal the leaves off and leave the stiff stalk middle part out of your chip recipe.
4. Drizzle a small amount of olive or canola oil over your kale and mix until every leaf is coated. I used about a cap full of oil for my whole batch so it doesn’t take much.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of salt and mix until it’s well distributed throughout the kale. It doesn’t take to much salt, believe me. So go easy on the salt.
6. Spread the kale leaves in a baking pan or sheet which is covered with parchment paper or tin foil. The kale should all be in one layer. If you stack the leafs too much it will make the soggy.
7. Bake for 20 mins at 350 degrees in your oven.